President, Lead Photographer/Videographer and Workshop Instructor.
- Shoots forensic photographs and videography and prepares image enhancements for civil and criminal litigation, pre-construction, construction defects, environmental and transportation incidents for major insurance companies, attorneys, architects, engineers, governmental agencies, consultants and property owners.
- Enhances images received from clients using protocals that are accepted by the courts.
- Has been designated as an expert witness for deposition and trial.
- Teaches workshops to attorneys and government agencies and others.
Personal Injury & Civil Litigation:
Forensic photography, videography and image enhancement in cases involving scars, wounds, auto accidents, workplace accidents, macro photography, trip and fall, wrongful death, defective products, back injuries, dog bites, medical malpractice, birth defects, night & low-light photography and videography, explosions, auto, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, industrial, mechanical and medical devices and transportation incidents.
Pre-Construction, Construction Defect & Transportation:
Forensic photography and videography for pre-construction, construction defects, roof inspection and repair, storm damage, destructive testing, water damage, building site inspections, floor damage, waterproofing, dry rot damage, metal stud corrosion, explosions and implosions, HDR (High Dynamic Range) imagery, aerial photography and aerial photography.
Investigative & Criminal
As a Forensic Photographer Bob’s training was centered on forensic photography for crime scenes, criminal evidence and crash scene investigative techniques. Bob uses photography, image enhancement, night and low-light photography and videography to discover and demonstrate evidence in criminal cases.
Forensic Photography & Videography, Diego, California AAW Photography 1990 – 2010
San Diego, California
- Shot various types of commercial photography for clients, stock agencies and magazines. Bob has more than 1000 images online with Corbis, one of the largest stock photography companies in the world.
Jacobson & Associates : 1971- 1990
San Diego, California
- Owner of a property management, brokerage and syndication company.
- Bob syndicated large apartment complexes and managed more than $500 million worth of commercial real estate.
- Bob oversaw the purchase, management, maintenance and rehabilitation of apartments and commercial properties in San Diego County.
San Diego Police Department : 1986 – 1992
- Bob was Reserve Level III officer and shot photography for the department. He was also a crisis intervention counselor.
Bob received a bachelor of arts degree from San Diego State University, with a triple major in psychology, sociology, and communications. His continuing education has included hundreds of hours of workshops in all phases of photography. He also teaches many photography workshops.Completed the 40 hour IAI Forensic Photography Workshop in 2015.
Bob Jacobson is a member of the Forensic Expert Witness Association, and the Forensic Consultants Association of San Diego. He is also member of the San Diego Chapter of the Professional Photographers of California, and the Association of Professional Photographers of San Diego County.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
The Importance of Using Photography for Evidence in Cilvil Litigation”
- Published San Diego Trial Bar News Magazine, February 2011
“Using Photography as Evidence in Materials Litigation”
- Presented at the 2013 Materials Science & Technology Conference Montreal, Canada
California MCLE courses covering “Using Photography & Videography in Civil and Construction Defect Litigation”
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
- CA State Bar MCLE Education Teaching Certificates
- Received EPIC Certification as a Certified Evidence Photographer in 2011
- California Real Estate Broker’s License
- Federal Aviation Pilots License
Attorneys, Contractors, Government Agencies, Investigators, Consultants, Insurance Companies, HOAs and Property Owners.